We offer Three easy ways to purchase a ticket
Purchasing a Capital Coach Line ticket is not only affordable, but easy. We offer four easy ways to purchase a ticket:
I. Buy tickets online.
We currently offer advance purchase in order to secure your travelling plans. Tickets can be sent by e-mail or purchased for pickup at the terminal. Online purchases are only accepted with Paypal offering a quick and sercure option for online payments. Online tickets must be purchased with at least 3 days prior to departure date. Note that processing the transaction may take up to 3 days. You will receive your e-ticket by e-mail. Please visit our FAQ section to know any immigration taxes to pay.
II. Buy tickets at a Capital Coach Line terminal.
Capital Coach Line operates three terminals that are equipped to sell tickets and manage parcels. You can purchase tickets for travel in advance or for the next bus available.
III. Buy a ticket for someone else.
You can purchase a ticket for someone else online or at our terminal. This ticket is delivered to the departure bus station, under the following criteria: The buyer pays a non-refundable gift ticket fee at time of purchase, regardless of number of tickets purchased. Buyer and recipient should allow 3 days from time of purchase to departure time to complete the transaction. Passport is required to pick up the ticket with the exact name as it appears on the passport.
When you buy a ticket in advance you secure your traveling plans. The day of travel, you must pass at the ticket counter in order to register, choose your seat, hand over your passport and pay customs and immigration taxes. Note that all reservations are cancelled 35 minutes prior departure time.
Traveling by bus
How We Operate
No reservations are mandatory when you travel with Capital Coach Line but we strongly suggest that you buy your ticket in advance in order to secure your traveling plans. You can simply arrive at the terminal at least an hour before departure to purchase your ticket. Boarding generally begins 10 to 15 minutes before departure. Seating is chosen as you register and pay your immigration taxes at the terminal. Advance purchase tickets guarantees a seat only if you arrive at least 35 minutes prior to departure. All reservations are cancelled after that time. When Capital Coach Line fills a regularly scheduled bus with passengers during times of peak demand, Capital Coach Line plans for additional buses to accommodate passengers beyond the seating capacity of a single bus for any given schedule. However, our ability to add extra sections depends on the availability of buses, drivers and the number of passengers. Capital Coach Line buses travel during the day, so you can enjoy the scenery through wide panoramic windows. Or, shut your curtains, and relax in a reclining seat with reduced interior lighting. Our buses are equipped with televisions and you can watch movies while traveling. Our buses do not make intermediate stops but we'll give you free on board service with a snack, juice and water.
Enjoy Your Trip
All Capital Coach Line buses are equipped with air conditioning, an on-board restroom and reclining seats with headrests. Feel free to bring reading material, radio headsets and a small pillow for your comfort. Cold food and non-alcoholic beverages may be carried on board for personal consumption. Radios, laptops and other electronic items may be carried on board, provided that they do not disturb fellow passengers and that headphones are used. Capital Coach Line buses are equipped for movies on board.
On Board Restrictions
For everyone's safety and comfort, Capital Coach Line asks that customers please follow certain restrictions while on board. Capital Coach Line does not permit smoking on their buses. We have a zero tolerance for alcohol, drugs, weapons and unruly behaviour. Photography, video or audio recording of Capital Coach Line’s personnel, equipment or procedures is strictly prohibited. For your safety and the safety of those around you, passengers should remain seated while the bus is in motion. Audio, video and camera equipment should be stored with other carry-on when not in use. No dogs, cats, birds, or other animals will be transported. However, a service animal, trained for the purpose of accompanying a disabled person, will be permitted to travel with the disabled person at no additional charge.
A valid passport with visa (if necessary) is required to travel.
Customers who are 18 years of age or under and are traveling with a school, religious group, sports team or other organized group, under adult supervision and with parental/guardian consent, will require valid documents and a letter notarized giving authority to travel with the minor.
• Passengers without travel documents conform to the relevant authorities will not be allowed to board the bus.
• Baggage is subject to inspection when crossing either border.
• You will be asked to declare any items subject to duty upon crossing the border.
• Capital Coach Line is not responsible for any baggage crossing the border into Haiti or Dominican Republic.
• Passengers must claim all baggage at the border crossing point before proceeding.
• No baggage is allowed across the border unless claimed by a passenger.
• Passengers denied entry into Haiti or Dominican Republic must purchase another ticket to return to their origin location.
traveling with children
Instructions for traveling with children and minors (less then 18 years old) to the DR
1. Minor, Dominican or foreigner, who resides in the Dominican Republic
- If the child resides in the Dominican Republic, foreigner or Dominican, and travels with both parents, there is no need for special authorization. The child has to have its valid documents to travel.
- If the child resides in the Dominican Republic, foreigner or Dominican, and is going to travel alone or with the stewardess, it is required to have an authorization delivered by the Direccion General de Migracion.
- If the child resides in the Dominican Republic, foreigner or Dominican and travels with one of its parent, it is required to have an authorization delivered by the Direccion General de Migracion.
- If the child resides in the Dominican Republic, foreigner or Dominican and travels with a family member, it is required to have an authorization delivered by the Direccion General de Migracion.
- If the child resides in the Dominican Republic, foreigner or Dominican and travels with someone that is not a family member, it is required to have an authorization delivered by the Direccion General de Migracion.
2. Minor foreigner who does not reside in the Dominican Republic
- If the child does not reside in the Dominican Republic and travels with both parents, there is no need for special authorization.
- If the child does not reside in the Dominican Republic, travels alone and entered the country alone, there is no need for special authorization.
- If the child does not reside in the Dominican Republic, travels with the same person with which he/she entered the country, there is no need for special authorization.
- If the child does not reside in the Dominican Republic, returns to its country of origin (where he/she was born), there is no need for special authorization. (Does not apply for double citizenship).
3. Minor, Dominican, who resides in a foreign country
- If the child, Dominican, does not reside in the Dominican Republic and travels with both parents, there is no need for special authorization.
- If the child, Dominican, does not reside in the Dominican Republic, travels alone with the stewardess and entered alone in the country, there is no need for special authorization.
- If the child, Dominican, does not reside in the Dominican Republic and travels with the same person that accompanied him/her in the country, there is no need for special authorization.
1- In every situation, all taxes will be charged to the child as for any travelers
2- To prove with whom the child entered the country; the authorities will match the ticket used to travel in the Dominican Republic and the number of the stamp on the passport on that same day.
Any passenger under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a passenger at least 16 years of age or older at all times. Passengers between the ages of 8 and 14 years of age inclusive, may travel unaccompanied at full adult fare if the following conditions are met in their entirety: If any of the above conditions are not met, then the passenger must be accompanied by a passenger at least 16 years of age or older in order to travel.
1. The passenger's trip will begin and end on the same schedule.
2. Parent, Guardian or Legal Custodian of the child must complete and sign the Unaccompanied Child Form authorizing the child to make the trip and return this to the Customer Service Supervisor on duty. This form specifically names the person authorizing the trip and the person meeting the child at the destination station and the telephone number(s) at which this person may be contacted. It also provides an emergency contact name and telephone number in the event it is needed.
3. In order for the child to be released at the destination, the person named on the Unaccompanied Child Form as the one meeting the child must have positive picture identification, such as a driver's license or state issued identification card, and provide such to the agent at the destination station. Without such identification, the child will be released into the custody of Child Protective Services or to local law enforcement officials in the destination city. If any of the above conditions are not met, then the passenger must be accompanied by a passenger at least 16 years of age or older in order to travel.
Child Safety Seats
Customers are welcome to use child safety seats on Capital Coach Line buses. However, the seat space must be purchased at the discounted child fare. You should ensure that your child seat has been approved for use in a motor vehicle and is used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. It is your responsibility to secure the child seat to the bus seat with strapping or webbing that is approved by the child seat manufacturer. You are responsible for providing the strapping or the webbing. You should also secure your child in the child seat with a manufacturer-approved lap and/or shoulder belt/harness. Capital Coach Line does not provide lap and/or shoulder belts/harnesses.
At Capital Coach Line, passengers are responsible for transferring their own bags. Baggage assistance is available at the terminals. Be sure that all checked bags have an identification tag. You must get these at the ticket counter prior to boarding. Please make sure your bags are properly tagged inside and out. Take your baggage to the bus and give it to the baggage handler who will load the baggage underneath the bus. You are in charge of moving your bags at the border for custom checks and you are also in charge of picking up your bags next to the bus at destination.
Capital Coach Line restrictions
• For international route two (2) pieces of baggage is checked free of charge for adults and children. Baggage carried beyond the limit will be charged based on Capital Coach Line cargo rates. One (1) small bag up to 15 lbs can be taken aboard for each adult or child. Carry-on bags must fit in the overhead compartment or under your seat.
• The maximum allowable weight for checked baggage is 50 lbs. per individual piece of baggage. A charge of 15 cents per pound will be charged for any baggage above the 50 lbs. limit.
• Baggage must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height). Charge will be applied to any baggage above the 62-inch limit. o Packaging only exceptions to the following items: bicycles, skis and ski poles must be packed in wood, canvas or other substantial container, and securely fastened; towing equipment must be enclosed in rigid containers or wrapped in a strong material such as canvas and securely strapped or tied. Towing equipment is limited to 100 pounds actual weight; these items are not exempt from oversize charges.
• If bags exceed maximum size and/or weight, customers must ship the item via Capital Coach Line cargo.
Acceptable Types of Baggage
In general, acceptable baggage includes suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks and securely tied cardboard boxes. A plastic and/or a paper bag is not acceptable as checked baggage. Shipping containers are available for a nominal fee at any terminals.
Prohibited Items for Checked Baggage Acids, ammunition, animals, combustible liquids, compressed gases, corpses, cremated remains, explosives, firearms of all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, furniture, hazardous materials (poisons, radioactive materials, etc.), materials with a disagreeable odours, matches, merchandise for resale, protruding articles, or any unsecured articles including those in plastic or paper bags are prohibited.
Electronic equipment (television, stereos, etc.), film (flammable), and perishable items (food) may be sent using Capital Coach Line cargo with appropriate packing.
Items such as money and prescription medication may not be checked as baggage and are to be carried in the customer's possession. Laptop computers are considered "electronic items" and are prohibited as checked baggage, however they may be brought aboard as one of two allowed carry-on items. If you have any questions about what specific items are allowed on board (as carry-on or checked), please call our office.
Capital Coach Line's Liability on Lost Luggage Capital Coach Line does not take responsibility on the luggage and It is the responsibility of the passenger to make sure that the luggage are placed in the right bus that will be traveling to destination.
Tickets are not refundable. Tickets are not transferable. All reservations will be canceled 35 minutes before departure time. CCL is not responsible for the damage or the loss of luggage.
The ticket is valid for one year from its date of emission. It is forbidden to bring pets, weapons, explosives or all other illicit articles. The customer is responsible to have all his documents necessary in order to travel. CCL is not responsible for the requirements at the border.
Schedules are subjects to changes without any notice. If necessary and without notice, the carrier may be replaced by other carriers or use different buses. The company is not responsible for the arrival time. Each passenger is limited to two luggage of 50 pounds each.
Acceptance and use of this ticket imply that its user accepts the carrier’s limitation of responsibility in the event of traffic accidents, according to the required maximum amount on required vehicle insurance. It is strictly forbidden to smoke in any CCL vehicles. Any luggage considered as commercial or subject to pay taxes will have to be send thru the cargo department.
Immigration & Customs Taxes
|Port-au-Prince to Santo Domingo
|20$ USD + 200 Gdes
|Haitian passport (alien resident)
|30$ USD + 200 Gdes
|Santo Domingo to Port-au-Prince
|Haitian passport (foreign resident)
|30$ USD + 600 Gdes
|30$ USD + 600 Gdes
The tourist card allows tourists to stay in the Dominican Republic up to 30 days. If your trip goes beyond this periode of time, you will be charge with an overstay tax as follow:
|30 days to 3 months
|3 to 9 months
|9 to 12 months
|12 to 18 months
|18 to 24 months
|24 to 30 months
|30 to 36 months
|36 to 48 months
|48 to 60 months